Tuesday, November 18, 2008

untitled

Why do we hide the reality of what is actually happening inside us and around us. I refer to it as the Painted Face Syndrome. No matter what happens, put the face on and act like it is all okay. Do people like to suffer inside? Is the fact of not having to be embarrassed so important? If you hide it will it just go away and no one will notice? Or is it the fact that no one will listen?

I am a dreamer, and a realist. I have courage and strength beyond the bounds to draw from but at times lack the direction in which to apply it. I possess the ability to be knocked down and get up, dust off, and move ahead. I feel comfortable in my own skin with the feeling to be satisfied with the choices I have made and not ashamed of but wiser from. The unfortunate thing about all of this is that I can't help someone else that really needs it.

To be able to give someone the confidence and power over their life would be a great gift. I think we need more motivational speakers in the world. We need to tear down the labels of thin, fat, ugly, wealthy, poor, and look at ourselves from the inside. Are you comfortable with who you are? There are ways to change, to feel whole again, and life to grasp!

4 comments:

betty said...

why can't you help someone, Kelly? I missed something with this; I think you would be a great motivational speaker/life coach/mentor! There were times of my life that I was guilty of the Painted Face Syndrome but there were times in my life that I wouldn't/couldn't share what was going on (mostly kid related) so it was better to put on the "happy face" then be bombarded with lots of questions

so neat to see 2 entries from you on the same day; enjoy reading what you write

betty

Lucy said...

Hope your body has became flexible, by now. Interesting entry Kelly. Thank you for my BD wishes. Lucy

Lori said...

You have the right kind of attitude, and I hope that you can find a way to help the person who needs some confidence. Unfortunately so often a person has become so worn down that it takes great strength to get the confidence needed to help oneself, and there is only so much we can do to help someone like that.

Drop by my blog when you get a chance -- there is an award there for you.

Lucy said...

Thank you Kelly for visiting my blog. I miss my Journaling days in a way but also had some not so happy things happen there. Re-read the entry I am answering on and you got me as far as mixed feelings right now. I bet you have a wonderful dinner, before it is all over. It will be good since you are a chef. Lucy